Every year, Diana is the venue of one of the biggest New Year celebrations in town. The New Year's Eve party programme is more than abundant.
- unique view of hundreds of fireworks around Karlovy Vary from the Diana Lookout Tower
- the main hall with the fireplace and dance floor, the buffet will be located in the winter garden
- live music in the style of the 1960s-1980s for dancing (songs in Czech and in English)
- fares for night operations of the funicular and admission fee to the lookout tower included in the ticket price
- opulent buffet replenished throughout the entire party
- free raffle and amazing fireworks at midnight
- free celebratory drink at midnight on the terrace illuminated by torches
- free bottle of sparkling wine for every four tickets ordered
- you can celebrate with us from 7.00 p.m. to 3.00 a.m.!
Have all of the fireworks in Karlovy Vary in the palm of your hand from the Diana Lookout Tower!
CZK 1,600 per person (for seats in the winter garden)
CZK 2,000 per person (for seats in the main hall)
For payments, please take into account the following exchange rate EUR 1 = CZK 24
What is the difference between the seats in the main hall and those in the winter garden?
Both variants of tickets include the very same services. The ticket price thus only reflects the specifics of the ordered locations:
The winter garden is, in general, a more quiet area (the live music plays in the main hall), it is thus more suitable for conversing with friends. The buffet table is also located in the winter garden.
The main hall has larger tables and more comfortable (upholstered) chairs. However, we emphasise the fact that the dance floor is located in the main hall, and the live music will play there. This is a noisier area, suitable for guests who wish to be “at the heart of the action”.
If loud music could possibly bother you, definitely rather choose the winter garden.
How to make reservations:
- Fill out and send the order form.
- You will receive our answer by e-mail with the possible variants of reservations you can make. If you should choose to confirm your order on the basis of our response, we will you send the bank account number you will need in order to pay for your tickets via bank transaction.
Cancellation fees: If you should cancel your already purchased tickets by 30 November, we will charge a 15% cancellation fee from the total amount paid, and will refund 85% to your bank account.
Cancellation from 1 December is no longer possible, and thus the cancellation fee is 100% of the total amount paid.
- Once your payment is credited to our account, we will send you your tickets immediately – either via e-mail (it is necessary to print out the ticket and bring it with you to the party), or you can receive the tickets by registered mail for the given fee.
- Your reservations are now registered, and we guarantee the validity of your order.
Before ordering your seats, please read these “Frequently Asked Questions”:
- Will we have our own table, or will we be sitting with other people?
If you are ordering three or more tickets, you will have your own table. However, if you make reservations for only 1 – 2 seats, then it is possible that another couple of guests will sit at the same table as you.
- How can we get to the party?
Use the funicular. The ticket price includes fare for the funicular, so it suffices to show your ticket to the staff at the funicular station, and you will be taken up to Diana for free. If your accommodation is located far from the funicular, we will gladly give you the telephone number for taxi service.
- Where can we find the funicular that will take us up to the New Year’s Eve Party at Diana?
The lower funicular station is found next to Grandhotel Pupp, in “Mariánská” Street.
- What dishes will be served at the buffet?
You can choose from a minimum of five hot dishes, and there will also be fish, cold cuts, cheese platters, vegetables, fruit, and desserts available at the buffet. We always prepare enough food, and we gradually replenish the buffet so that guests will have refreshments available throughout the night.
- Are drinks included in the ticket price?
Every guest has a free celebratory drink for the midnight toast, our treat. If you order more tickets at once, then you will receive one bottle of sparkling wine for every four persons. The remaining drinks are ordered according to the price list in the drink menu of the restaurant.
- We will not make the beginning of the party. Can we arrive during the party?
Yes, you can come at any time. The funicular is available for your use throughout the night.
- The price for children?
Children under 10 years of age pay 75% of the full ticket price. Only very small children who do not need their own seat (e.g. high chairs) are free of charge. However, we must point out that due to the noise and the drinking of alcohol, this party is not entirely suitable for small children.
- What is the policy on smoking inside the restaurant?
All interior premises of the restaurant are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted on the outdoor terrace.
- What is the time schedule of the party?
The first funicular leaves with New Year’s Eve Party guests at 7.00 p.m., and then goes every fifteen minutes. Therefore, you can arrive at any time from 7.00 p.m.
The buffet opens at 7.15 p.m., the live music begins at 9.00 p.m., and we will hand out free gifts from the raffle at 10.00 p.m. Before midnight, you will receive your celebratory drink for the toast, and we will all gather on the outdoor terrace, where we will commence the fireworks after counting down the last seconds of the old year.
The official end of the party is at 3.00 a.m. when the last funicular leaves from Diana back down to the town.
- What are the nationalities of the guests at the New Year’s Eve Party at Diana?
The New Year’s Eve Party at Diana is truly international. Generally, however, we can say that most guests hail from the Czech Republic, Germany, and Russian-speaking countries.
- Is there a “dress code” for the party?
No. This is an informal party, and formal wear is thus not required.
- Won’t it be cold in the Winter Garden?
We heat the premises with gas heaters. However, every person prefers a different temperature. We therefore recommend that especially those who tend to be cold wear warmer clothing.